Reports to: Production Manager
Northwest Plastics Ltd. is a 45-year-old custom manufacturer of rotationally moulded plastic products. We specialize in a broad range of industries including marine navigation, transportation, aerospace, aquaculture, waste management, play parks and spas. We have a drive to play with materials to create longer lasting products with reduced environmental footprint. Our long-term strategy is centered around two pillars:
- Growing our existing large customer base and continually adding to our capabilities to better support our valued OEM partners; and
- Creating branded product lines where we see the potential for incremental innovation in markets saturated with commoditized products.
We require three Experienced Labourers to support our manufacturing plant in Port Coquitlam. Shift work is mandatory; alternating every 4 weeks between days (7 am to 3 pm) and afternoons (3 pm to 11 pm). We are looking for hardworking and reliable people.
Mandatory requirements for the role:
- More than 2 years of experience with basic power tools
- Comfortable in an industrial environment
- Comfortable using computers for entering production data
- Forklift ticket would be an asset
- Are able to follow work instructions and manufacturing specifications
- Are physically fit and able to lift up to 40 lbs, stand for extended periods, bend, etc.
- Live in the area of Poco, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows or Maple Ridge
What we offer:
- $16.00/hr based on qualifications, skills and applicable experiences
- Health and dental benefits after 3 months
- Opportunities for learning, personal growth and upward mobility within the company
- Clean work environment
- Variety: from products to daily tasks/routines, we try to keep the role interesting
- Flat organization – you will have the ability to interact and collaborate with our engineers, sales staff, executives and even our CEO
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Port Coquitlam, BC
- High school or equivalent
- basic power tools: 2 years
To be successful, you will need:
To achieve success, you possess an exceptional ability in finding workable solutions while remaining in a results driven mode. We are looking for an effective communicator, both written and verbal, who possesses the ability to explain and implement new ideas.
If this resonates with you, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting why you are the ideal candidate for this position. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicants who do not fit these criteria will not be considered.