Reports to: Director of Operations
Ideal candidate is a maker, self-starter and is not afraid to fail.
We are a 45 year-old custom manufacturer of rotationally moulded plastic parts and products. We specialize in a broad range of industries including: marine navigation, transportation, aerospace, aquaculture, waste management, play parks and spas. We have a drive to play with materials to create longer lasting products with reduced environmental footprint.
Our long-term strategy is centered around two pillars:
1) growing our existing large customer base and continually adding to our capabilities to better support our valued OEM partners; and
2) creating branded product lines where we see the potential for incremental innovation in markets saturated with commoditized products. We currently have a number of new products in our pipeline and are looking to strengthen our technical team so that we can better support these initiatives.
- Leading all aspects of design and development for new products including material selection and production tooling.
- Liaising with Production, Quality, suppliers and customers to provide sound engineering solutions and drawings that meet project requirements and to establish product acceptance criteria and verification methods for new product introductions.
- Supporting Purchasing on supplier selection, sourcing new materials & defining acceptance criteria.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and Engineering Analysis producing production-ready drawings.
- 5-7 years’ experience in product design and project management – preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with a variety of manufacturing environments including metal fabrication, machining, plastics and CNC programming as related to tool making and plastics processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is preferred. Industrial design an asset.
- Detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Good communicator and relationship manager.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 required; TS-16949, APQP, FMEA and GD&T are assets.
- Knowledge of marine applications an asset.
To be successful, you will need:
To achieve success, you possess an exceptional ability in finding workable solutions while remaining in a results driven mode. We are looking for an effective communicator, both written and verbal, who possesses the ability to explain and implement new ideas.
If this resonates with you, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting why you are the ideal candidate for this position. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicants who do not fit these criteria will not be considered.